Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

As I sit here typing on my brand new keyboard that I can connect by blue tooth to my galaxy tablet I find myself smiling; It was a good day!  Collin is playing with his new camera equipment and Audrey is finally fast asleep.  She was having so much fun playing all day that she just didn't want to go down.  Mike came down for a visit and is extremely sick but it was good seeing him.

It all started yesterday when late afternoon I started baking.  Made Cinnamon bread and prepped my baked corn then headed to a church service.  It was a little different but we enjoyed it. (Even with Audrey all over the place)It was a service with different denominations.  It was beautiful.  However I will admit that because Audrey wouldn't be quiet unless we were singing or their was someone else singing or playing music we had to whisper while singing What Does the Fox Say in her ear was a little awkward, especially during prayer!  That's right Grampy chuckle away. I can almost hear you now :)  It was the first time in a long time that everyone around me had big smiles plastered on their faces.  I can't remember the last time I felt sincere happiness all around me.  I couldn't help but think about why it has been so long since I have seen this.  I don't know what it was but it felt like Christmas warmth filled the room, A big present was wrapped up in the prettiest paper and at the end of service joy and love exploded.  It was like acceptance and I didn't even know what I was being excepted for.  I didn't have to give my name or say who I was but I was excepted.  It was nice and we are going to try the church out this Sunday.
After coming home I backed 2 1/2 dozen sugar cookies in all different Christmas shapes.  Collin made his deviled eggs and then we decorated the cookies and started to clean up until we realized it was near midnight and time to call it quits.

Christmas morning...... I woke up to Collin getting a head start on the mess we left last night.  He was doing dishes and I was dirtying more making my blueberry muffins for breakfast!  About 830 Mike arrived and Audrey woke.  Mike started passing out gifts and the fun began.  It was so much fun watching Audrey partially unwrap a gift and then find entertainment in something else.  Santa was good to all of us this year!  Audrey loves Christmas!  Hopefully these toys will last her awhile as Santa seemed to have pleased her!
We got to google+ plus with family while opening gifts and they got to watch Audrey play with her new toys.
Early afternoon we began our simple but yummy feast!  Collin did amazing and you know its an amazing meal when you eat so much that now at 8pm we still never got that dessert.

As my day is ready to end and we are ready for bed I anxiously await to see pictures of Christmas morning from my friends and family. Merry Christmas!!!  A King is born!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment