Saturday, October 19, 2013

The best husband/daddy ever!

Well hello family. I hope all is doing well. I have been under the weather for about a little over a week now. It was a sinus infection that has turned into a nasty cold. However, I have an amazing husband who has been very helpful this past week. Audrey woke up screaming a couple nights ago and knowing that I was still as sick as could be (was actually at my peak) he got up and came out and did everything he could to help.  He even made us a make shift bed on the floor so we could lay down and still let Audrey watch ShushyBye until she fell asleep.  Eventually we all got back to sleep and Collins alarm clock went off about an hour later.  I then woke up and managed to get Audrey back in bed and we slept for about another 3 hours.  

Our bed on the floor.

Collin has also stayed up with her getting her to sleep for me so I could go to bed early and get my rest.  This has cause many short nights as he gets up at 3-330 to get ready to head into work.  He has been changing most of the diapers, feeding her most of the time, and playing with her most of the time.  I don't know about you all but when I get sick I get very short tempered and so Collin has been helping me not get to that state of frustration with Auder-pop.  Today he got up, well every weekend morning, changes her, feeds her breakfast, and if I am still not up starts her bath or has playtime.  But I am usually up prior to her finishing her cereal or yogurt in the mornings.  He also gave her, her bath this morning for me.

Collin being a Rock Star daddy!






Yes, I have an amazing husband and I couldn't have dreamed up a better man!  I just can't believe what an active daddy he is.   Audrey has been a little backed up and yesterday I gave her prunes and was very disappointed that it didn't solve the problem.  However this evening when Collin realized she needed changed he also discovered the biggest blow out ever!  Yes, Matthew even worse then the one on the plane from Colorado Springs to Baltimore.  I thought we were just going to have to give her another bath.  Collin took care of all of it.  I offered to take over and he said, "I am her father and I can take care of this!"  I did get down to help it was everywhere.  Collin said out of all of his children, 2 boys and 2 girls, that was the biggest blow out he has ever seen! 

As most of you know on my good days we were still pretty active, walked up Namsan Mountain (which is really a hill compared to the other mountains) and went up the Seoul Tower and the Teddy Bear Museum.  Which it took Audrey awhile to stop freakin out every time she saw a life sized teddy bear.







Today I was feeling miserable but I wanted to get out into the fresh air so we ended up going on a 2-3 mile walk.  We found parts of Seoul that we had never walked before, the Woman's University, and a beautiful park.  And you will never guess what we found in the park.

Yup more outside gyms!  This was the biggest.  Both pictures are one gym and then there were little workout stations all over the park.


 

Well that was our week in a nut shell.  Depending on how I am feeling tomorrow, after church we are looking to go to either that Japanese Prison or some weird tunnel contraption that Collin saw from Seoul Tower.  But first I am sure we will take the subway to Itaewon to grab lunch then either walk home or go get back on the subway and venture out in the city for more site seeing.  I love my life!  Coming here was one of the best decisions in life I have ever made.  
Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment