Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Checking in

Well hello friends and family,
I hope this morning (for most of you) is going great for you.  I know this evening was a productive one for me.  I realize I have not blogged in awhile and wanted to check in and let you all know I am doing well.

VBS is coming along nicely. We have our last big meeting on Thursday and then I am holding our last group meeting for the pre-k team on Friday!  It seems that I have an awesome and motivated group that I am working with so that always helps a leader out.  I am a little concerned because the nursery leaders fell through on their background checks so as of now we don't have anyone in the nursery and well I can't volunteer if we don't have nursery teachers.  However, I am confident in our  VBS Director that she will get it sorted out.

School is going well.  Another class down and another one has started.  It is Monday night here and I have 3 out of my 5 assignments completed that need to be done for the week.  The last 2 I might night a little help on from Collin.  I am trying to get as far ahead as possible for 2 reasons.  The first is because I don't want to have to deal with too much during VBS week and second is because duty calls the husband away for a portion of August. 

Speaking of August, it is going to be a bit of a different month for me.  The volunteer work for me is going to be going down considerably.  Not only will Collin be gone off and on but our nanny will be on vacation the entire month.  I think I am seeing crazy late nights for me in order to keep up with homework and housework. 

The church volunteer work is going pretty smooth also.  The baseball game is less then a month away and the Everland trip is less than 2 months away.  I didn't make church last Sunday because Audrey decided that waking up at 1230am and not going back to bed until 4am would be so much more fun then sleep.  Anyway, Collin said that not too many people signed up for the baseball game and so this Sunday we are going to wear our Doosan Bears jersey's and try to get moral up!  This Sunday is our last Sunday for the baseball game sign ups.  Although I must say they did only give us 2 weeks to get this all taken care of. 

As most of you have seen this past weekend ended up being a terrific one. It started on Thursday when we found out that my stepson Mike and his wife are expecting a baby.  She is very early on and so the wait to find out if it is a boy or girl is going to drive me crazy.  This is grand baby 4 for me.  (step grand baby but all the same).  Friday night I got to hang out with 3 of the most wonderful men in my Korean life.  My husband being the number 1 and then 2 of his friends, which by default have become great friends to me as well.  We hung out in the house and had a great time.  One of the best in awhile.  Friday afternoon I received an invite to go hang out with a group of ladies on Saturday night.  No husbands, no kids, just the ladies.  Anyone who knows me, knows that hanging out with 9 ladies while only knowing 1 of them is a big decision for me, but I did it and it was an amazing time!  I think it helped that it was also a cross the street from my house so I guess psychologically I felt like I was basically home if I felt too uncomfortable.  Saturday morning my daughter also had her first modeling shoot.  We don't plan on making it an ongoing thing but it was fun and I think it could be fun every once in awhile.  It was more of a big play date for her as there were 4 other little girls between the ages of 2-3.  Audrey was the youngest but she did fantastic in her 3 hours.  They supplied food and drink and snacks and I got to meet some other parents as well.  All and all it was a great experience and the weekend was just fabulous.  Besides the fact that I didn't make church on Sunday I got some much needed sleep after such a fun weekend.

It is now after midnight and my brain is winding down.  I was thinking about picking up the house before bed, but instead I think I will sit in my favorite spot.  Play a couple games on the computer and then once my brain is completely done, fall fast asleep.

Have a wonderful day everyone!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment