Tuesday, September 3, 2013

14 days

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all well, and welcome to our little families page. I have never been big into this whole blogging thing, but I figured this might be the best way to keep the one's who are closest to us up to date without driving everyone, who just doesn't care, crazy on Facebook.  However when I think about it everyone should care cause in my eyes I'm getting ready to live in a dream.

We are now 14 days out and its getting to be an emotional roller coaster ride already. I simply cannot wait to see Collin and be with my loving and supporting husband again, but most of all I can't wait for Audrey and daddy to be together again.  The best part about it is that I can actually feel the excitement vibes from Collin, something, that even upon his return from Iraq I did not sense. I knew he was excited, but this time I can totally feel it and almost hear it in his texts. The hard part is knowing that I'm so far away from everyone we love. Our friends and family are no longer going to be a 24 hour drive or less or a few hours on a plane. That part is already making me hurt and I know our family (Shearer's and Shorey's) will all be needing prayers for comfort.

I can't promise perfect writing skills and I can't promise over the top excitement but I can promise to keep you all updated as much as possible through our laughs, frustrations, tears, and adventures.
Thank you all for being such a big part of our lives and if you want to continue the journey feel free to tag along and read about our little family in a big new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment